The Process Systems Engineering group is focused on the development of processes and reactors for different catalytic, non-catalytic and electrochemical applications. The close connection of experimental studies with process modeling and automation allows for covering the whole development chain from process concept to technical realization in a pilot plant. The evaluation of the examined process is conducted with regards to technical as well as to economic aspects.
- Catalyst screening, characterization and development
- Reactor development for catalytic and non-catalytic processes
- Model-based process development
- Techno-economic assessment of process concepts
- Control development and process visualization
- System demonstration and automation
- Feasibility studies and scientific project assistance