The “Membrane Prototypes” group focuses on how to scale up membrane production and the synthesis of sample membranes for industrial pilot plants. In this context, up-scaling includes the geometrical dimension of the membranes, as well as production methods. Currently, oxide ceramic membranes for liquid filtration on single- and multi-channel geometries, as well as zeolite NaA membranes for pervaporation and vapor permeation on multi-channel pipes can be produced.
The membranes can be synthesized on carrier tubes with a length of up to 1.2 m and in sufficient numbers for equipping industrial pilot plants. Furthermore, flat membrane geometries are also available.
- Manufacture of ceramic membrane prototypes for liquid filtration, pervaporative separation and vapor permeation on ceramic carrier pipes up to 1.2 m long
- Equipment of industrial pilot plants with membrane prototypes
- Synthesis of ceramic membrane prototypes in industrial size with customized properties
- Development of processes for the industrial manufacture of ceramic membranes
- Development of quality assurance procedures for industrial membrane production processes