The competencies of the department cover all aspects of process and reactor development in the fields of chemical engineering and electrochemistry. Our mission is to build a bridge between the development of new ceramic materials and the application in industrial processes.
- Development of process plants and energy systems
- Systems and components for efficient generation and utilization of synthesis gas
- Generation of hydrocarbons via Fischer-Tropsch synthesis
- Electrochemical characterization of supercaps and batteries
- Electrochemical process engineering (e.g. anodization, electroplating, electrochemical machining and sensor technology)
- Investigations on corrosion and corrosion protection
- Simulation of chemical and electrochemical processes
- Modeling of ceramic components (thermal, mechanical, flow, multi-field problems)
- Experimental and theoretical works on the development of novel processes (with focus on catalytic and electrochemical processes)
- Optimization of established processes and reactors
- Simulation of components and processes (design and optimization)
- Feasibility studies
- Scientific investigations and services
Please find further information on the specific websites of the working groups.