This field covers the process-oriented characterization of single granules and bulk solids under climatically defined conditions (standard climate: 22 °C, 40 % relative humidity) with standard methods according to standardized procedures or SOP.
Products and services offered
- Technology-relevant, complex characterization of granulates and agglomerates
- Primary characteristics (density, volume, shape, strength, porosity, sorption isotherms)
- Processing properties (flowability, compaction behavior, storage behavior)
- Measurement routine to describe the properties of disperse products and comparison to the state-of-the-art
- Granulate size distribution with dry dispersion (2–2000 μm)
- Determination of the specific fracture load and deformability of granules (45–800 μm, maximal strength 5 N)
- Analysis of granulate and particle shape (> 15 μm)
- Definition of bulk behavior and flowability
- Bulk behavior at low pressures (< 20 MPa)
- Determination of granule structure and porosity (working group Ceramography)
- Compaction behavior at low and high compaction pressures (< 800 MPa) under adjustable climatic conditions (temperature 18–28 °C, relative humidity 15–85 %), (working group Dry Pressing, TU Dresden)
- Characterization of the debinding behavior of bulk solids and compacts of different materials and dimensions (working group Thermal Analysis)
- Laser diffraction granulometer MS 2000 with dry dispersion, Malvern Instruments Ltd.
- Granulate strength testers (laboratory/automatic), etewe GmbH
- Dynamic image analysis QlCPlC, Sympatec GmbH
- Powder rheometer FT 4 with rotation shear cell, Freeman Technology Ltd.
- Powder tester, Hosokawa-Alpine AG
- Tap density autotap-1, Quantachrome Instr.
- Halogen moisture analyzer HR 73, Mettler-Toledo GmbH
- Dynamic sorption measuring system DVS1, Porotec GmbH
- Ring shear tester RST-01.01, Schwedes+Schulze Schüttguttechnik GmbH
- Scott volumeter, Hall flowmeter, Cold Gas Technology GmbH
- Friability tester PTF 20 ER, Pharma Test GmbH