Non-destructive test methods for quality assurance – test lab flexibly accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
The Accredited test lab of Fraunhofer IKTS offers test services for all relevant issues of classical routine NDT, standardized as well as modified. Services for customers from various branches can be carried out on-site as well as in the test laboratory, depending on the test task.
In the field of non-destructive materials testing (NDT, NDI, NDE), the test center was approved to meet highest quality requirements. DAkkS Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH granted the IKTS test lab the flexible accreditation according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for five methods (ultrasonic, eddy current, penetration, magnetic powder and visual testing). This status enables the test center to validate in-house developed ultrasonic and eddy current test methods and to apply them like standardized methods at customer premises. Hence, new test technologies can be applied much earlier than standardization processes will allow under normal conditions. Concerning the methods of penetration, magnetic powder and visual testing, the test center is allowed to freely choose between all available methods within a defined test range. This presents the advantage of using equivalent standards for testing without asking for permission at the DAkkS in advance.
NDT full service covers all working stages from consultation to auditing, e.g. in the form of feasibility studies for individual process solutions, modifications, extensions, adaptations and new developments of test methods including their validation, conception and development of testing concepts as well as customer-specific services. Furthermore, test services of destructive materials testing are offered for determining materials properties for lifetime prognoses, simulation-based determination of materials properties of structure-mechanical assemblies and simulation-based optimization of destructive test methods and their individual components.
The Fraunhofer IKTS test lab attaches utmost importance to confidentiality and data protection of customers and their test tasks.
What, whereon and with what can be tested?
- Materials (steel, austenite, titan alloys, non-ferrous metals, ceramic composites, polymers, polymer composites, stones, concrete, natural fibers)
- Material joints (semi-finished parts, sandwich/layers, welding, rivet, bolt, adhesive and soldering joints)
- Geometry (flat plates, cylinders, voluminous bodies, complex geometries, installed condition)
- Component size (according to issue from few millimeters to several meters)
- Defects (cracks, pores, inclusions, joint defects, delaminations, geometric defects)
- Test methods (ultrasonic, eddy current, magnetic powder, penetration, visual, hardness, thermography, x-ray CT, x-ray laminography, tensile, pressure, bending, microshear and microtensile testing, dynamic mechanical analysis, modular thermomechanical analysis, permanent shaker testing combined with thermal loads, measurement of optical deformation fields