Al2O3 products with pore sizes of about 1 nm and high open porosity
A special option of the IKTS synthesis of NanoCorundum enables the development of microporous alumina membranes or sintered granules for applications in separation techniques or for catalyst substrates.
- Improved chemical resistance of alumina compared with microporous materials on a silicate basis
- Increased permeability (e.g. 6 l/m²*h*bar at pore size 1 nm)
- Crystalline and amorphous options (as they are important for catalytic applications), e.g.:
- amorphous Al2O3 with pore sizes of about 0.9 nm
- gamma-Al2O3 with pore sizes of 2-4 nm
- High open porosity of about 45 %
Products and services offered
- Development of technologies for microporous Al2O3-products with pores in the nanometer range
- Optimizing investigations of materials and properties related to specific applications
- Upscaling investigations supporting the development of new products
- Investigations of the technical performance, e.g.
- penetration of gases and fluids
- investigations of the chemical and thermal stability
- deposition on different substrates (e.g. metals)