Fraunhofer IKTS develops inorganic-organic nanocomposite materials that combine metal oxides (SiO2, TiO2, ZrO2, Al2O3) with silicones, siloxanes, (meth)acrylates, epoxides and other organic polymers on the nanometer scale, so that tailor-made structures can be established.
Further interesting combinations of physical and chemical properties are achieved by combining plasma spray coatings (ceramics, metals, carbides, cermets) with such nano-composites (PLASMAGEL), e. g. non-stick effect, electrical insulation, wear resistance.
- Development of tailor-made nanocomposite coatings for different substrate materials, e. g. metals, glasses, ceramics, PMMA
- Hydrophilic, hydrophobic, easy-to-clean, scratch-resistant, non-stick, corrosion protection, diffusion control coatings etc.
- Development of customized Plasmagel coatings, especially electrical insulation layers and wear-resistant coatings
- Development of transparent intumescent materials for fire-protection glazing and other fire-protection applications
- Sample manufacturing of coated parts
- Sample manufacturing of coating materials
- Scale-up of materials synthesis
- Contact angle measurement device OCA 20 (data physics)
- UVIS und IR spectrometer
- Spin coater, dip coater, spray cabin, doctor blade
- Clean room for dust-free coating experiments
- Sample manufacturing equipment for liquid coating materials up to 200 liters per batch
- Coating of clamp tips for high-frequency surgery (www.erbe-med.de: BiClamp®)
- Nanocomposite sealed sand stone floor in the cathedral „Frauenkirche Dresden“
- Nanocomposite sealed terrazzo floors in different buildings
- Scratch-resistant coatings for PMMA, aluminum, gold, silver, stainless steel
- PLASMAGEL coating of machine parts, transport rollers, corona rollers (non-stick and wear resistant)
- Non-stick coatings up to 300 °C
- Corrosion protection coatings for silver, gold, copper, and aluminum
- Tarnish protection coatings for stainless steel and copper
- Hydrophobic and hydrophilic surfaces