Symposium / January 13, 2021 - January 14, 2021
International Sodium Battery Symposium
Sodium batteries are the most promising low-cost alternative to Lithium cells. Exchange of ideas in this field is crucial for joint progress and public visibility. It is a great pleasure to invite you to the 2nd International Sodium Battery Symposium (SBS2) to be held in Dresden – the scientific, economic and cultural center of Saxony and one of the most beautiful cities of Germany – from January 13 to 14, 2021.
The symposium will cover all aspects of Na based batteries, from fundamentals and active materials through cell concepts up to systems, testing, markets and applications. Incumbent technologies, such as ceramic Na batteries, as well as novel concepts based on low-temperature Na-ion conducting materials and electrodes will be discussed. Also, applications and markets of Na batteries, based on their unique profile and operating parameters, will be addressed.
The SBS2 intends to build a community around Na batteries and to enable an open exchange of information on current scientific results, research interests and market requirements as well as to encourage future partnerships. Scientists, engineers and managers are invited to report on their results, developments and future prospects or display their products and services as an exhibitor. Together with the members of the scientific and organizing committees, we look forward to meeting you in Dresden.
Yours, Michael Stelter
- Prof. Michael Stelter - Friedrich Schiller University Jena / Fraunhofer IKTS
- Dr. Roland Weidl - Fraunhofer IKTS
- Dr. Mihails Kusnezoff - Fraunhofer IKTS
- Prof. Philipp Adelhelm - Humboldt-University Berlin
- Frank Tietz - Forschungszentrum Jülich (FZJ)
- Cord Dustmann - Battery Consult AG
- Stefano Passerini - Helmholtz Institute Ulm Electrochemical Energy Storage (HIU)
- Arndt Remhof - EMPA
- Stefan Freunberger - University of Graz